Article Title:Clinical dermatology at the Central Hospital Sankt-Juergen-Strasse in Bremen. A 110 year history
Abstract:
The history of clinical dermatology in Bremen began in 1891 with a dermatology unit founded in the main building of the then so-called Big Hospital, nowadays Central Hospital Sankt-Juergen-Street. Friedrich B. Hahn became the first director and served in this position for more than four decades. In 1913, the dermatology wards moved to a new building, still home to the Dermatologic Clinic today. In 1933, the son of F.B. Hahn, Carl F. Hahn, became director until 1938,when the state officials named Konrad Burchardi as head of the department. Immediately after World War II, Friedrich Folsch replaced K. Burchardi. He served as director until his retirement in 1964, when Joachim J. Herzberg became his successor until 1979. Wolfgang P Herrmann then directed the clinic until 1994, when the author of this article was elected.
Keywords: medical history; Bremen dermatology hospital
DOI: 10.1007/s001050170093
Source:HAUTARZT
Welcome to correct the error, please contact email: humanisticspider@gmail.com